Monday 6th July
Monday 6th July
For Friday's tasks, go to the page called 'Yesterday'.
Here is a suggested timetable:
PE: 9:00 - 9:30 am
Plan yourself a weekly exercise regime and encourage your family to do it with you!
And/or follow Joe Wicks on his YouTube channel:
Maths + times tables: 9:30 - 10:30 am
Aim to complete one lesson a day.
I See Maths: further open ended challenge. Click on the links:
See the Maths page for times table resources and additional resources.
Spelling: 10.30 - 10:45 am
Here are the words for this week (6.07 - 10.07):
great / break / steak / by / my
heard / learn / possess / possible / sentence
Break: 10:45 - 11:00 am
English: 11:00 - 12:00
See document below:
30 minutes of reading daily. It can be quiet reading and/or sharing with a sibling or an adult.
First News Newspaper
Four Stories from current events with questions to check understanding.
Topic: Blue Abyss
Grab your wetsuit. We’re going deep into an underwater world of incredible coral and mysterious sea creatures. Flippers on? Snorkel ready? Let’s head into the Blue Abyss.
Monday 6th July & Tuesday 7th July - Bioluminescence
- Find out the meaning of the word ‘bioluminescence’. Write a definition.
- Watch video and film footage of bioluminescence in action. What do you think is its purpose? Why is it important to creatures of the deep?
- Choose a bioluminescent creature and write a short biography about it. Remember to write about how it looks, how it behaves, what it eats, where it lives and its special features.
- Make a series of sketches of your chosen creature showing its shape and form and drawing it from different viewpoints.
- Try adding some colour to your sketches, can you make your creature look bioluminescent?