The administration and management of admission arrangements to Cambridgeshire schools is dealt with by Cambridgeshire County Council. The reception admissions policy and criteria for each school, together with an application form, are available from the County Council Admissions Team and must be returned to them.
Admissions Criteria for Reception
The governors agree to accept the policy guidelines on admissions produced by Cambridgeshire County Council. The school will enrol pupils up to its agreed overall capacity and annual admissions limit.
The Over-subscription Criteria
Children who have a Statement of Special Educational Need (SEN) / Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP) that names the school will be admitted. NB. Those children with a statement of SEN / EHCP that does not name the school will be referred to the Statutory Assessment Team (SAT) to determine an appropriate place.
1. Children in Care, also known as Looked After Children (LAC), and children who were previously looked after but ceased to be so by reason of adoption, a residence order (now known as a child arrangement order) or special guardianship order.
2. Children living in the catchment area with a sibling at the school at the time of admission;
3. Children living in the catchment area;
4. Children living outside the catchment area who have a sibling at the school at the time of admission;
5. Children living outside the catchment area who have applied and been unable to gain a place at their Cambridgeshire catchment area school because of oversubscription;
6. Children who live outside the catchment area, but nearest the school as measured by a straight line.
In cases of equal merit in each set of criteria, priority will go to children living nearest the school as measured by a straight line.
Joining the School in Reception Year
Please note there is no automatic transfer from Townley Pre-School to Reception - applications must be made in all cases through the local authority.
Starting school is a very exciting and daunting time for you and your child. We, as a school, will work with parents individually to ensure it is both positive and rewarding.
Pupils are admitted to Townley Primary School main school in the September of the academic year in which they are 5. During the previous summer term, visits take place to support children to become familiar with the routines and environment of the school.