- Lunch time is 12 noon until 1.00 p.m.
- All Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 pupils are entitled to free schools meals funded by a government initiative (Universal Infant Free School Meals)
- The cost for Year 3, 4, 5 and 6 pupils is £2.30 per day/£11.50 per week
- The cost for Nursery pupils is £2.00
- Payment for all meals should be made in advance - payment for any meal not taken, due to absence, will be carried forward or refunded
Our lunches our provided by CCS, a trading division of Cambridgeshire County Council.
In addition to a main meal, children are offered
- Seasonal Vegetables
Locally sourced, seasonal vegetables accompany our main meals. All vegetables are seasonal with the exception of sweetcorn, peas and baked beans.
- Freshly Baked Bread
Freshly baked bread is available to accompany the main meal. Our bread is made from a blend of locally sourced wholemeal and white flour.
- Salad Bar
Where children can help themselves to fresh salad and raw vegetables. We believe that this will help children achieve their target of 5 portions of fruit and vegetables every day
- Fresh Water
School is thirsty work, so we always ensure that fresh water is available at lunchtime. Some of our dessert options include a glass of fresh, cool milk.
If preferred, children may bring a packed lunch. This should be in a clearly named, airtight container. Cutlery, such as spoons for yoghurts, must be provided as well as a beaker for water. If your child brings a drink it must be in a flask or plastic container with a well fitting lid (no fizzy drinks). Lunch boxes and drinks should be taken to the dining hall before school. Children are encouraged to have a healthy balanced packed dinner – no sweets and chocolate bars. Thank you.
In line with new legislation on food allergens, information is available, upon request, which details a range of possible allergens for each of the items on our menu. Please contact the School Office for further details